Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thinking of you...




Happy Saturday! I woke up extra early today, no clue why, and figured I would venture into my craft room and make a card. Must be the weather, since it is overcast, and that I was moving at a slow pace..... it took me a few hours to put together this card.

Originally I wanted to make a sympathy card for my friend Erin who's grandmother passed away yesterday. But, after scouring my collection of stamps, I realized I do not even own any sympathy stamp sets. (Note to self- pick up a sympathy stamp set! Any excuse to go shopping for new supplies!!!) Instead, I ran across some rub-on transfers that had sentiments that would do the trick.  I sponged "breeze" around the square of the flower and took my "white daisy" marker and traced around the flower to make the image "pop". My favorite part of this card???  The glittery yellow brads.  The photo makes it hard to see how glittery the brads are and how much dimension this card really has.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I'll be back with more to share. :)

Card Details:  
Paper:  American Crafts - "Metropolitan" double-sided cardstock; CTMH
Ink:  Black Staz-On; CTMH "Breeze" and "White Daisy"
Stamp Set:  CTMH "Rustic Flowers"
Accessories:  SU circle punches; Pebbles, Inc. pearlescent chalks; CTMH coloring pencils; glittery yellow brads from Michael's; Rub-on transfers by Deja Views; adhesive pop dots


1 comment:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this Mia...I'm so sorry for you friend. You are a dear friend for making this for her.

Hugs,
Lisa B <><