Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thanks a bunch...



Not many know, but I was in a minor car accident in April and unfortunately the person that caused the accident was not insured, not to mention, caused roughly $3,000 worth of damage to my SUV. :( So, thankfully I had uninsured motorist coverage. I was without a car for the last two weeks & finally got my car back this past Friday. During my time of car-lessness (yes, that IS a word! lol), my co-worker/friend, Nicole, ended up being my taxi to & from work, which was a blessing for my husband & I, since that helped us from spending additional money on a rental car.

I wanted to do something nice for her to show her how thankful I was. I found a very nice candle gift set at Hallmark this weekend and took time to make her a card.

Two wonderful things happened on Friday.....(1) I got my car back from the shop; and (2) we found out that our little bundle of joy that will be joining us around October 24th is a GIRL!!!! (I will share photos of my ultrasound once I have been able to scan them & upload them.)

Hope everyone had a wonderful & relaxing weekend. :-)


Card Details:
Cardstock: SU
Stamp Set: SU "For a Friend"
Ink: CTMH
Accessories: SU grossgrain ribbon; Spica glitter pens; Stickles glitter glue

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Great card for a great friend, love it.

Michelle B said...

Yipee!!! It's a GIRL! I know you are going to be a shopaholic. Have fun & Congrats.

Hugs,
Michelle

P.S. - I love the Thank You card too.

Little C's Creations said...

what a pretty card, girl!

big hugs!
Jen

vickiw said...

Congratualtions on the upcoming addition to your family. this really is an exciting time and kids are so much fun. I'm so happy for you.