Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Found my mojo...

Well, for those of you who don't know this (which is probably ALL of you since this is the first time you are reading any blogs from me), I recently found my stamping mojo. I lost my mojo at the end of last year. Due to horrible family news about my mother and all of the medical issues she was and still is dealing with (stage IV bladder cancer), I could not pick up another stamp, cut another piece of carstock, or adhere another piece of ribbon until recently. A close friend of mine, Michelle, helped me find my creativity again. She asked me to take part in a swap with her. She and I agreed to make 10 christmas cards each and swap them with each other.

When I first agreed to do this, I was very scared. I truly thought I could never be motivated enough to get my lazy butt in gear. Boy, was I wrong! I had so much fun putting together my 10 christmas cards. I want to share them with you, but I want to keep it a surprise for Michelle. So, I plan on posting my christmas cards after this Saturday, once I have had a chance to meet up with her and do our swap.

I owe Michelle the biggest inky hug for helping me find my stamping mojo. It is also because of her that I have the guts to start my own blog! Check her blog out. She is a very creative stamper and I absolutely lover her work. (MEG Bee Designs).

My mother is currently in the hospital recooperating after having major surgery. Like I mentioned above, she has stage IV bladder cancer. The doctors removed her entire bladder last Thursday in a very delicate surgery, which took about 5 1/2 hours with two surgeons. This is still going to be an uphill battle. When she leaves the hospital, she will have another bout of chemo & radiation to deal with. My father and I have a wonderful outlet of friends & family supporting my mother and both of us. I am blessed and truly grateful to have these people in my life.

4 comments:

Michelle B said...

Yeah!!! You got it up and running! I have been checking in all night! I am so excited you joined the blog world! People need to see your work!

Glad your mojo is back! Praying for your mom daily!

Inky Hugs,
Michelle

Trudy said...

I'm praying for your Mom too!

I love the pictues of your dogs. They are sooo cute.

~TRUDY~

Jamie said...

I'm praying too... and so happy that you're gonna start sharing your designs with us too... I'm gonna add you to my blog roll.

Jamie (meg's sister)

~~Deby said...

oh Mia....I am so glad that Michelle is there for you....and I know that you have been through so much. I will pray for your mom...
oh and btw..my gran dog is a male Shiba...his name is Husker and now lives in Nebraska...
I'll be back....love seeing the pictures of you...
Deby
Michelle's Aunt(Jamies' too)
Mocha Missy's Mom
Lisa and Trudy's Sister